OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
1.WHO WE ARE
8750 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1400
Dallas, TX 75231
3.INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials or phone number, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you participate in surveys, focus groups or market studies, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact us (e.g., through our customer care team or on social media), we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
- If you share with us information about other people (for example, if you use contact details of a friend for a given feature), we process this information on your behalf in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as necessary for the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
UsersUsers may provide information about you as they use our services, for instance as they interact with you or if they submit a report involving you.
Social MediaYou may decide to share information with us through your social media account, for instance if you decide to create and log into your SeniorBlackPeopleMeet.com account via your social media or other account (e.g., Facebook, Google or Apple) or to upload onto our services information such as photos from one of your social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Instagram…).
AffiliatesSeniorBlackPeopleMeet.com is part of the Match Group family of businesses. Match Group considers the safety and security of users a top priority. If you were banned from another Match Group service, your information can be shared with us to allow us to take necessary actions, including closing your account or preventing you from creating an account on our services.
Other PartnersWe may receive information about you from our partners, including when SeniorBlackPeopleMeet.com accounts can be created through a partner’s service (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where SeniorBlackPeopleMeet.com ads are published on a partner’s service (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success). Where legally allowed, we can also receive information about suspected or convicted bad actors from third parties as part of our efforts to ensure our users’ safety and security.
Information generated when you use our services
Usage InformationUsing the services generates data about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., when you logged in, features you’ve been using, actions taken, information shown to you, referring webpages address and ads that you interacted with) and your interactions with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, when you exchanged with them, number of messages you send and receive).
Device InformationWe collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser.
Other Information with your ConsentIf you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude). The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your precise geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video or participate in streaming features on our services).
4.COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
5.HOW WE USE INFORMATION
A. To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Personalize pricing and complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
B. To help you connect with other users
- Recommend you other users to meet
- Show users’ profiles to one another
C. To operate advertising and marketing campaigns
- Perform and measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on our services and marketing campaigns promoting SeniorBlackPeopleMeet.com on and off our services
- Communicate with you about products or services that we believe may interest you
D. To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups, market studies and surveys
- Review interactions with customer care teams to improve our quality of service
- Understand how users typically use the services to improve them (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on how users react to it)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
E. To prevent, detect and fight fraud and other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Communicate to users what we’ve done as a result of their reports.
F. To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings can help you access, rectify or remove information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help here.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms can have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone contacts, pictures, location services, push notifications and advertising identifiers. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection or processing of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose functionality.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. Remember that uninstalling an app does NOT close your account. To close your account, please use the corresponding functionality on the service
- Account closure. You can close your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability, right to know or variations of those terms). You can exercise this right by putting in such a request here.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, object to or restrict its processing, please contact us here.
8.HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- To protect the safety and security of our users, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account closure. During this period, we keep your information in the event that it might be necessary to investigate unlawful or harmful conducts. The retention of information during this safety retention window is based on our legitimate interest as well as that of potential third-party victims.
- Once the safety retention window elapses, we delete your data and only keep limited information for specified purposes, as laid out below:
- We maintain limited data to comply with legal data retention obligations: in particular, we keep transaction data for 10 years to comply with tax and accounting legal requirements, credit card information, if any, for the duration the user may challenge the transaction. We may also need to keep “traffic data” / logs for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations. We also keep records of consents users give us for five years to evidence our compliance with applicable law.
- We maintain limited information on the basis of our legitimate interest: we keep customer care records and supporting data as well as imprecise location of download/purchase for five years to support our customer care decisions, enforce our rights and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a claim, profile data for one year in anticipation of potential litigation, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and data necessary to prevent users who were banned or people who were found to be under the age of 18 from opening a new account, to ensure the safety and vital interests of our users.
- Finally, we maintain information on the basis of our legitimate interest where there is an outstanding or potential issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep information (in particular if we receive a valid legal subpoena or request asking us to preserve data (in which case we would need to keep the data to comply with our legal obligations) or if data would otherwise be necessary as part of legal proceedings).
10.JOB CANDIDATES, CONTRACTORS AND VENDOR REPRESENTATIVES
12.HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Officer
People Media, Inc.
8750 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1400
Dallas, TX 75231
See Less Articles